Please use the comments section at the bottom to publish your answers. This is a general football quiz, the answers to which I’ll be publishing in about 4 or 5 days. It’s fairly long (25 questions) so don’t bother answering them all if you don’t have time/can’t be bothered.
PLEASE DO NOT USE GOOGLE TO LOOK UP THE ANSWERS!
- Elton John was elected chairman of which club in the 1970s?
- Name either of the clubs which connect Brian and Nigel Clough.
- Which George of AC Milan was European Footballer of the year in 1996?
- Who joined Real Madrid from Barcelona in summer 2000?
- What is the third word in the full name of Hearts?
- Which club did Kenny Dalglish lead into the Premiership?
- Who plays at home at Easter Road?
- What European nation’s of 14 consecutive internationals without defeat ended in April 2004?
- Which British side got relegated in 1974 after 37 years in the top flight?
- When Bayern Munich won the European Cup in 1974, what was so special about the final?
- Whose departure from the Ireland 2002 World Cup squad left them a player short?
- Which goalkeeper is Sweden’s most capped player?
- How was Manoel Francisco dos Santos better known?
- In which city did David Beckham make his international debut?
- Who is the only person to captain England and manage a team in a European Cup Final?
- FC Vaduz play in what country?
- In what year did Portsmouth last win the Championship?
- Who did Dan Petrescu join Chelsea from?
- Which London team were hailed as “The Team of the Eighties?”
- For which club did Ludek Miklosko play 300+ games?
- Who is the world’s most capped goalkeeper?
- In which city are UNAM and America local rivals?
- What was Ryan Giggs’ surname when he played for England Schoolboys?
- Name the player with the following career path: Feyenoord, PSV, AC Milan, Sampdoria, Chelsea?
- Of the 92 English Football League clubs, which one comes first alphabetically?
Bonus: What was strange about Barnet’s 5-4 win over Torquay in 1993?