UPDATE: I’ve just realised that this might be very difficult for most of you, so next time I’ll make it a lot easier. Give it a go anyway!
Please use the comments section at the bottom to publish your answers. This is a general football quiz, the answers to which I’ll be publishing in about 4 or 5 days (By the way I’ll credit the sites that helped in the Answers section). It’s fairly long (40 questions) so don’t bother answering them all if you don’t have time/can’t be bothered.
PLEASE DO NOT USE GOOGLE TO LOOK UP THE ANSWERS!
- Which footballer’s autobiography is titled The Good The Bad and the Bubbly?
- Name seven different countries to have lost a World Cup final.
- Which team was Liverpool playing in the 1985 European Cup Final when the Heysel stadium disaster happened, banning all English clubs from European Football for 6 years?
- What was the name of the original World Cup trophy?
- Which was the first country to host the World Cup twice?
- Name the two players to have captained England 90 times and the player to have the captained them the next most times.
- Which German player appeared in five consecutive Football World Cup tournaments?
- Who was the first £100,000 (or above) football transfer?
- Who is the only player to score in a Manchester, Merseyside and Glasgow derby?
- Name the five teams beginning with C that have Won the FA Cup.
- Which British team has won the European Cup more times than its own top league?
- Which player scored in all six of Brazil’s matches during the 1970 World Cup?
- At which football ground can you find the Bill Shankly stand?
- Which football team did Liverpool legend Bill Shankly first manage?
- Name 4 players to score in 2 World Cup Finals.
- Which football team did Neville Southall leave to join Everton?
- Who was Everton’s representative in England’s 1966 World Cup winning team?
- Who was the first black footballer to win a full England cap?
- Who was the first football transfer over £10m between English clubs?
- Which Football League team are nicknamed the ‘Cherries?’
- Who is the only footballer to have played for Manchester United, Manchester, City, Liverpool and Everton?
- Why are West Ham nicknamed the ‘Hammers’ or less commonly the ‘Irons?’
- Name a La Liga team which currently has no sponsor.
- Before Arsenal, which is the only other team to go through an entire top flight league season in England undefeated? (And if you’re very good, what season was it?)
- Which is the highest football ground in the top four English leagues?
- There are three Barclays Premier League teams whose shirt sponsors’ names begin with a number. Name the teams and the respectives sponsors.
- Which footballer was once brought on in an international match as a replacement for his Dad?
- Name three players to have won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, Premiership and FA Cup?
- Which team has a football ground in 2 countries?
- Which World Cup never had a cup final?
- Excluding Uniteds, name the 3 teams in England and Scotland that have 2 U’s in their name.
- Which Italian side did Gianfranco Zola join after leaving Chelsea in 2003?
- Fabrizio Ravanelli scored a hat-trick on his Middlesbrough debut against which side?
- What does Fernando Hierro’s surname mean in his native tongue?
- Who was the first Spaniard to play professional football in England?
- Istvan Kovacs, France manager between 1973-75, won two Dutch titles with which club?
- Aime Jacquet managed which club to three French league titles?
- Which Turkish club has Franck Ribery played for?
- Prior to his infamous ‘kung-fu kick’, Eric Cantona had been sent off for a foul on which Crystal Palace player?
- Who was the fourth member of ‘the Magic Square’ along with Michel Platini, Jean Tigana, Alain Giresse?
I’ll give you guys some hints – I borrowed some of the questions off a well-known newspaper’s website and an online football quiz. But please don’t cheat, it’s just boring and pointless for you!